cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod Keeps Going Green

echidna1000
Just joined

Due to a blind spot in my upstairs office, I have an intelligent WiFi Pod plugged in on the landing. Recently, I've been having a problem where the light on the Pod goes green and I lose connection, with it becoming very patchy while the Laptop tries to connect to the Router downstairs. 

It's not all of the time, but will happen for a good duration of time on a relatively frequent basis. It makes it impossible to have my work meetings. 

How do I get this issue fixed?

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to move your Pod nearer to the Hub so it can resync, and move it back.  If you move the Pod too far away it will loose connection.

You could also connect the Pod via ethernet cable as a backhaul, and this will negate the need for the Pod to be close to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @echidna1000.

Welcome to he forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your WiFi pods.

Have you managed to follow the advise from Adduxi? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Experieceing same issues: 2 pods (only 3 weeks old) are no longer transmitting signal

Tried everything: restart hub, reset hub, turn off/on (after waiting 2min), connecting pod via ethernet....

Nothing!

Very frustrating.

Used to have a google mesh and it worked perfectly until about 2 months ago when Virgin decided to do some maintenance, which then led me to get these pods.

3 pods: only 1 is working

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Caesi01, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the pods. Have you been able to check out any troubleshoot guides to see if this resolves the issue - information to this can be found on this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi

Cheers,

Ryan. 

yes, several times.

spoken to customer service but nothing is working.

Still, 1 out of 3 pods is working. Very poor!

This is supposed to the plug-and-play of extender/pods, but instead, it takes a lot of tech knowhow

Hey Casesi01, thank you for reaching back out and letting us know this. I am sorry that two pods aren't working.

I would like to take a look into this further by sending you a PM and run some tests.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I also have the same issue. I have now moved the router into my hall and therefore there is no obstruction between this and the booster which is 20 odd feet above it. I am then in a study some 12 - 15 feet away with no closed doors. It keeps flashing green and then flashing white and my connectivity is still in and out. Teams meetings keep freezing.

I have also fairly recently moved up to 650Mb broadband to combat these issues.

This is ever since Virgin media were doing some exciting, yet unspecified, maintenance work in my area, last Wednesday.

I have tried checking the speed and performance of my hub of the fabulous Virgin Media app. It cannot find the hub even when i place my mobile phone on top of the router. It can't do this even when everythign is workign fine!!

I am still getting issues with this and my wifi signal continues to intermettently be rusbbish ever since this unspecified maintenance improvement.

When i do the Ookla Spedtest on the Internet it is showing me Lightning Fibre Ltd as teh server. as well as teh Virgin Media IP address. Does anyone know what this Lightning Fibre Ltd is?