cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Optimization Not Enabling on Hub 5

TeddyTRK
Superfast

I can not change my Hub 5 channel optimisation at all, it is greyed out. I can not click on it at all. I have factory reset it, reset it, made sure all the cables are connected.... I've done everything. Anyone have any ideas on whats wrong? Bands are not split and everything is as it comes but it's just not enabling Smart Wifi/Channel Customisation 

grey.png

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.
12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Only gets enabled if you have pods
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have WiFi pods, but it says they don't exist/can't find them. They keep flashing in cycles of green, white and then flashes blue and starts over again

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM really testing the firmware for pods on the hub 5 then must be a bug you will have to wait or phone up to link the pods to hub Oo the stress of going all VM for your connection.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, thank you

AbdulQ
On our wavelength

Funny enough, I have exact same issue as well.

I'm just guessing it's bug or issue that has came up recently.

Believe there was an update last night or that must have made the Wi-Fi pods unactivate on our accounts. Thats what I was told anyways...but they could just randomly work when they finally patch this bug

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TeddyTRK 

My hub 5 didn't update last night, I'm still on software version LG-RDK_3.18.30-2112.12

You should also be on that one. 

How did you factory reset the hub?

You need to remove all ethernet cables first and then either press the reset button for a  timed 50  to 60 seconds and leave it reboot and settle down itself (around 8 minutes) OR remove all ethernet cables and the perform a Restore to factory defauls from within the hub Admin > Reload & reboot section.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have done this, my pods are showing

Breathing Green Light, Breathing White Light and then a few flashes of a flshing (not breathing) blue light and then does the cycle again

I've done the factory reset properly and cant even see the Pods on my connect app anymore either.

I have same problem, no solution so far.

Virgin Tech booked for Sept 29.