cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hotspots profile not installed

kimmo58
Tuning in

Can't get the app to connect to Hotspots.  It says WiFi profile not installed.  When I try to set it up it comes up with "something went wrong, there is no server response” it happens every time I try.  The old app used to work no problem

76 REPLIES 76

Hello Blakeich.

Sorry you are having the same issue with Hotspots.

I am going to ask our Project Team about this now and see if we have any updates.

As soon as I get a reply, i will let you know.

Gareth_L

Hello Blakeich.

The android version 12 was fixed on the 01/09/22. 

Can I just ask if what version you are on please.

If it's Android 13 then this is due to be fixed on the first release in 2023.

Gareth_L

But this is the issue. The current system doesn't work. You just fix it for android 12 and it takes that long by the time its done android 13 is out so people are having to wait again! It's not a good service. 

Hi Blakeich

What version of Android are you running please? 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

When can we expect a fix for Android 13

Apologies for the issues experienced with the Connect App on Android 13 and the installation of the profile. The team are working on the fix and hoping for this to be added to a future update although we don't have any timescale for this to happen at this time.

Rob

Hello @kimmo58.

Just a quick message to say the latest version of our App now supports Android 13.

It might be best to delete the current App and reinstall the latest version from The Play Store.

Gareth_L