cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hotspots profile not installed

kimmo58
Tuning in

Can't get the app to connect to Hotspots.  It says WiFi profile not installed.  When I try to set it up it comes up with "something went wrong, there is no server response” it happens every time I try.  The old app used to work no problem

76 REPLIES 76

Let's be clear about this. What the VM connect app attempts to do is not permitted by Android, it therefore cannot be fixed as it is broken by design.

VM need to come clean and give clear instructions how to connect to a hot spot and update their hubs to use modern connectivity in the first place.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

This does need resolving. We pay for this as part of our contract. Others firms just allow connection via a the hotspot where you put in  your login details. I am hosting this but unable to use. It does not seem right.

Hey Jogree, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues connecting to the hot spot.

Please can you let me know what device you are using and what is happening when you trying to connect please?

Also has it always been like this for you, or could you connect to it in the past? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi I could connect in the past.

I am using Android 12 on a Samsung A90.

I am currently out of the away until Thursday.

When I try to download the profile I click get ready for hotspots. It says it could take upto 3 mins. Then after 30 seconds it says something went wrong and there is no server responses. It is the same when I am at home or away.

Thanks John

cje85
Trouble shooter

Apps can't install WiFi profiles on Android 12. If you had the app installed before upgrading to 12, it will continue to work, but if you clear the WiFi settings or reinstall the app etc the WiFi profiles will be lost and it won't work anymore.

Thanks but is there another solution for Android 12 users. It seem a little lame that we cannot have access.

Hi Jogree, 

Thanks for your continued post on the forums, I am sorry but we do not have any updates about the compatibility with this and your handset model 😞 

We will update as soon as we know more info about this, but for now all we can do is apologise for the lack of compatibility.

Kind regards,

Megan_L 

I’m having probs on new iPhone 14 pro max won’t let me sign in 

Hi Braysoj, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Could you give me more info on what is happening?

What are you signing into and what are you trying to do exactly?

What error appears when you try to sign in? 

Do you have a screenshot to share with us if it doesn't have any personal/account information in view?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Fixed it self