cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hotspots profile not installed

kimmo58
Tuning in

Can't get the app to connect to Hotspots.  It says WiFi profile not installed.  When I try to set it up it comes up with "something went wrong, there is no server response” it happens every time I try.  The old app used to work no problem

76 REPLIES 76

Search for the other thread on this. It gives a solution of what to type into the WiFi settings to get it to just work

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media

S-I-T
Tuning in

I'm having the same issue. Virgin is really quite shoddy with its software isn't it. 

Hi S-I-T

Thanks for posting. Can you elaborate on what issue you're having? What devices you're using?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@simonhunter87 do you have the link to tge other thread that you are referring to?

Debsfran
Joining in

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung galaxy A52. I am also a VOLT customer. Is there a solution to this?

Nah its been going on for months now they haven't solved anything 

The connect app recently transitioned so that it works with the Virgin Media Hub 4.
As of July 5th, this is when it was rolled out for iOS platform and from July 12th onwards - this is when it will work with Android devices.
For both platforms it will take a total of 3 weeks for it to fully migrate so that it works on both operating systems.
Please ensure on the app you have the latest firmware installed / updated and let us know if you are still having issues connecting after the first week of August.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Can-t-connect-to-hotspot/m-p/4998498/highli...

The message near the end of the thread from johnforty shows how to manually set it up on Android 

Still appears to be an issue with Android 12/13 not working with hotspots on the new update

Screenshot_20220722-145348.png

Android 11 is fine.

To be very clear. That isn't the issue on Android. 

The issue on Android is your app tries to install a WiFi profile and modern versions of Android do not allow this from apps. 

So you have not fixed the app or the issues. 

You need to provide people with the details provided here by johnforty. That is how to connect to virgin hotspots on modern android phones. You app does not and cannot do this by Android security design. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Can-t-connect-to-hotspot/m-p/4998498/highli...