cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hotspots profile not installed

kimmo58
Tuning in

Can't get the app to connect to Hotspots.  It says WiFi profile not installed.  When I try to set it up it comes up with "something went wrong, there is no server response” it happens every time I try.  The old app used to work no problem

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is this on Android or iOS?

The Connect app isn't currently compatible with Android 11.

However you can manually set up your Android 11 device for 'Virgin Media' hotspots if you have a Virgin Mobile SIM - instructions are here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-wifi-authentication-faqs
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Burtychops
Tuning in

Same for me too! Just errors at installing profile 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

76 REPLIES 76

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is this on Android or iOS?

The Connect app isn't currently compatible with Android 11.

However you can manually set up your Android 11 device for 'Virgin Media' hotspots if you have a Virgin Mobile SIM - instructions are here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-wifi-authentication-faqs
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Might be why it's not working then as my phone updated to Android 11 end of last year.  What a joke as I have next to no mobile signal in my area as mast was destroyed near on 2 years ago with no fix in sight, so can't make or receive calls or use internet unless I have WiFi.  Can't even swap to a different network as they are all the same around here as several neighbours have all tried swapping 😔😒👎 thanks for the info though.  Another app I can delete them

Burtychops
Tuning in

Same for me too! Just errors at installing profile 

Latest update seems to have fixed the issues which is good 👍🏼

I'm on android 12 and my phones says no profile and no server response 

Hi @Holtommo, sorry to hear you are having issues. 

Are you also trying to use a WIFI hotspot on your android 12? Any additional information you can give us about the issues you are having with your service will be incredibly useful in trying to help. 

All the best. 

Molly

im having this same issue. android 12 has been around for 4months now is it still not supported for Virgin Media wifi hotspots? im a virgin broadband volt customer (o2 mobile) but get the same error with certificates as above

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media

I'm a virgin media volt customer and I've just tried installing it on my new Samsung galaxy s22 ultra and its coming up with the same error. something went wrong. COME ON VIRGIN you need to fix this as it's part of a service we are paying for! 

Hey @Blakeich,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
What are you trying to install, the connect app? 

Regards,

Steven_L