Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-if slow, keeps dropping on Hub 4

I’ve had the 1gb broadband now for 6 weeks and the wi-fi is terrible. When doing speed tests I’m lucky to get 50 mb, if I turn wi-if on and off on my devise it may shoot up to 100 mb but then after 10 mins it’s back down to less than 50 mb, in addition to this the wi-if is constantly dropping, this happens on multiple devices so not an issue with a specific devise. I don’t expect to be getting 1gb over WiFi but I would expect min 300 mb with constant speed, I’m paying £62 a month when I could have got 200mb for half that and get the same speeds.

ive been trying to get through to VM now for 5 days, it either cuts off after 60+ mins on hold or some **bleep** answers and then cuts me off. 

When I finally get through Im going to give them 2 choices, either they put me on 200mb contract with the new customer deal (as this is what I would have had  6 weeks ago when I signed up) and will buy a mesh router, or I will be requesting VM end my contract as VM are in breach of contract as I’m not getting what i told I would be. all this BS about our shinny new hub 4, it’s **bleep** and worse than the hub 3. 

Anybody else had issues with 1gb?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-if slow, keeps dropping on Hub 4

What are your wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can get a good speed 500Mb+ when it’s plugged to an Ethernet cable, but I can’t connect the majority of things through a cable, which is why I need good wi-fi. The router is at the bottom of my stairs in a medium sized 3 bed house, I can stand right next to the router and only get 30mb so it’s not an issue with brick walls etc.

my friend has sky and he gets around 75mb, but when I go to his house I can always get that speed and it never drops off, he comes to mine and gets less than 50mb and is constantly losing connection. 

so frustrated

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

Have you split the Wi-Fi bands and changed to a less congested channel?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos