cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi pods non delivery

KP19
Joining in

I have made 5 attempts in to obtain a Wi-Fi pod that is part of my volt package. Twice by telephone and three times via what’s app messaging. I have jumped through hoops constantly having to prove to them that the Wi-Fi is rubbish.. sending screen shots of the up/downloads speeds etc.. a virgin engineer has been out and told us we need at least 2 pods after doing her own tests. Every time the customer services rep says that the order has been successful and I will receive an email in 4 hours and my pods in 3-5 days… neither ever arrive. 
I have mad an official complaint (C-010623101) only to be told by the resolution team to phone a certain number and press certain options which don’t exist. I was then told there was a technical problem on the account and I had to contact the technical department and they would send out a pod. I rang again (long queue) which I eventually got through the chap said he couldn’t get through to the technical department as his computer was too slow. 
I have complained again only to be given a link to a live chat .. that is inaccessible. 
Why is it so damn hard just to put a pod in the post? They offer a Wi-Fi guarantee that is not worth the paper it’s written on. We work from home and are having to work in the same room to use the Wi-Fi which isn’t good when you have teams meetings. 
I will give them another few days and then refer them to the ombudsman (as it will take me time to catalog the calls and dates and WhatsApp messages etc) 

If there are any Virgin staff out there that can help my complaint number is C-010623101.

I would really appreciate some help just getting what virgin say they supply as part of my package. 

7 REPLIES 7

KP19
Joining in

I’ve had exactly the same experience. Ordered 4 times and a “absolute guarantee “ that the Wi-Fi pod will be delivered in 3-5 days .. it just doesn’t arrive ..this is what the last agent said to me:” I have successfully processed the POD Please be rest assured your query will be taken care of. Now you can relax and grab a cup of coffee your issue will be sorted.” Coffee? They’ve driven me to drink! Awful service. 

Well the CEO of VM has recently declared a new "customer-first mentality" no less.  This might be that invitation to treat yourself to a coffee.

The VM forum team might be able to review your oder on their systems. If you are still waiting for a response after a couple of days raise a formal complaint. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

• Thank you I will raise an official complaint today 👍

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Honestly the only way you'll get a pod is via the admins on here, they only allow you to order one at a time with a week's break in between... to allow the pods to settle. Electronic devices either work or they dont and I have no idea wth the reasoning is behind it.

Ordering via live chat or talking to someone on the phone, who's clearly not interested, is a waste of your time. I'm guessing that VM dont really want us to have the pods and thats the reason why it's so hard to order them in the first place. What package are you on, if you aren't on one of the upper tiers, you might have to pay a hefty £8 a month for each pod  

• I’m on Volt Gig 1 fibre Broadband.. the most expensive package that is advertised to include up to 3 pods free. They have acknowledged that I need them.. they just don’t send them unfortunately 😞

chriszzzzzz
Tuning in

You blew all your luck being able to actually order them....I've had no joy getting any response from anywhere and the App is pointless...

Hey KP19,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi pod order,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L