cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi pod reset

Toohey
Joining in

How can you reset the virgin wifi pod ... I have just had a new hub3 delivered as the previous one was faulty 

8 REPLIES 8

owenbuck
Tuning in

Have the same issue... would love to know the answer..!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you replace a Hub, you need to get the association between your WiFi Pod(s) and new Hub set on your account. There doesn’t seem to be a process for this at the moment and you will need to call in to get this done.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM wanted to make the pod harder to sell on ebay and with a change of hub the pod no longer works.

Just another great move by VM.
---------------------------------------------------------------

blackduke6
Tuning in

Thought the Pod didn’t work with Hub3, just the Hub 4 ?

@blackduke6 wrote:

Thought the Pod didn’t work with Hub3, just the Hub 4 ?

nope, works with both.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

When you replace a Hub, you need to get the association between your WiFi Pod(s) and new Hub set on your account. There doesn’t seem to be a process for this at the moment and you will need to call in to get this done.

As far as I understand it, the new Hub should get the Pods to re-associate. It's not something that customers should need to do themselves, although if that doesn't happen it is something that needs to be triggered at Virgin Media's end.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… as I said, given the number of occurrences of this issue, I suspect there is no process in place for a Hub replacement to check for WiFi Pods on the account and the association to be made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Toohey,

Welcome back to our Community! Thank you so much for posting again!

We're sorry you're experiencing issues with your WiFi pod after receiving a replacement Hub.

You can take a look here at our WiFi Pods FAQs and Troubleshooting tips here.

Please take a look and let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs