cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi pod connection issues

Majco
Joining in

Hi 

recently upgraded to hub5,great speed but cannot connect Wi fi pods to it for the hard to reach places,any advice?

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

The WiFi pods need to be located half way between the VM Hub and the room(s) needing better coverage.

The Pod also need to be at a location where there is still decent signal strength from the Hub.

E.g if the goal is WiFi coverage in a bedroom - do not put the Pod in the bedroom, it needs to be midway between the Hub and the bedroom.

The issue is they are not connecting at all,I’ve tried them in the same room as the hub with no joy 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if the pods are activated correctly onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub/Pod serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

These are existing wi fi pods

vm aren’t very helpful saying they should automatically connect to the new hub they said

i left them 24hrs to settle and still no joy 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That is true assuming the MAC address of the Pod is the same as the one associated with the Hub on your account. It is not unknown for the incorrect MAC address being put in.

VM do this so they can control their access on the VM network - for example to prevent any that are bought on eBay or donated by friends ever working on anyone else's Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They show up on vm connect app that they are in sync with my new hub 5 but do not work 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ah... fine... what do you mean by dont work"?

I have never used a Pod - but someone who has should comment soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

It’s shows up on my connect app but the lights on the pods are constantly flashing green/blue or white so never settled properly 

Hi Majco, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that the pods aren't connecting to your new hub. Taking a look at things this end, I can see that the teams arranged for a replacement pod for you. Has this one been able to connect or is this having the same issue as the others? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs