cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi intermittent

Trevf1978
Joining in

For two weeks now my Wi-Fi has been dropping about 10 times every hour. Many calls made to virgin with “we will fix the problem within 48 hours, call back if you still have issues”. Called back after 48 hours at least 5 times - still no resolution to the fault. 

Was sent new Wi fi pods - not helped. 

Just been on to Virgin again and told “the network team say the issue will be resolved within 24 hours”. They sent a text saying the connection is working fine, it wasn’t. 

What can I do as I’m sick and tired of ringing every two days to say the issue isn’t resolved to be told “it’ll be resolved within 24/48 hours”? 

#Frustrated 

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Trevf1978, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have a intermittent connection and this is not what we want to hear. 

I have looked at the area and everything looks fine, can you confirm if you are still having issues or has this since been resolved?

Kind regards, Chris. 

No still having issues. Just called them now as gone off again and believe it or not “should be resolved within 24 hours…”. 

I need to escalate this as I’ve submitted a complaint and their response was basically to upgrade the package!

Hi Trevf1978, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power and signal levels and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

As there have been some issues over the past week, it's worth rebooting the hub as this is showing an uptime of over 10 days. When there are issues in the area, it can cause cached errors so rebooting will refresh things for you. 

Please let us know how things are after rebooting the hub. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs