cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi booster

Isobellagnew
Joining in

My wi fi booster has stopped working. I contacted the team by phone and was told to download the virgin media connect app and scan the house where wi fi doesn’t reach then it will let me order a new booster. There is no scan me coming up on the app so can’t order the booster. We need it as it doesn’t reach my sons room and he has uni work to do

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean "booster" - or "Pod"? See this..

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one (after scanning for blackspots using the connect App if its working) .- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Isobellagnew 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the issue wit your WiFi Pods. I note you contacted our team and they were able to discuss things further with you. 

If I can help with anything else, please let me know 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

Yes I would be grateful if you could tell me if the pods are being sent out. I was told I would get a phone call within 24 -48 hours which I haven’t. My son is unable to study his uni work from his room. If I don’t get a resolution to this I will have to go to a provider who can supply wi fi throughout my house. I would be grateful if you could mail me back ASAP.

Isobell Agnew

Hi Isobellagnew, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear you've not heard anything back from the team. Looking at things here, there aren't any follow up actions in terms of needing to get in touch with you. 

If you would like to add WiFi Guarantee, we can arrange to get your first WiFi pod sent out to you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Isobellagnew, 

Thanks for sticking with us via private message. 

I'm glad I was able to help answer your questions and give you further information. 

I'm sorry that we were unable to help further and wish you the best going forward. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team