cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi blackspot.

steveyg73
Tuning in

I keep losing connection to wi-fi in my study, granted its the furthest room from the Hub, the 'Room Scan' on the Virgin Media Connect App says the coverage is 'poor' (if I can actually get connected to wi-fi to do one). Optimisation didnt work either.

I have to leave the study to pick up the wi-fi connection on my phone, my laptop only works due to a plugged in powerline adapter I bought.

The scan says a WiFi booster is recommended.  How do I go about getting one?   I have the 'volt' benefits added.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lee_B wrote:
If you are not on 1gb then they are £5 🙂

Volt customers are also entitled to "Free" Pods - see here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this....

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - so you qualify and they are worth trying - they should work for you.

You do have to call in to order them (cant do it online) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

It’s a simple solution and should work for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Media Staff , However, All opinions are my own

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lee_B wrote:

Volt customers are also entitled to "Free" Pods - see here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

--------------------
John
--------------------

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi steveyg73,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with our Wi-Fi services in your study.

Remotely checking the systems from our end here, we can see that you have already contacted us about this issue.

Did our team arrange for some pods to be sent to you already?

If not, please let me know and we can get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

By happy coincidence, I received a courtesy call from Virgin media the day after posting, asking if I had any issues.  I mentioned the Blackspot and they issued a pod straight away.

It arrived this morning and is now plugged in, I believe I have to leave it 24 hours to settle.   I'll see how it performs.

Thanks

Steve

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It "settles" immediately !

How is it performing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

The info that came with the pod did say 24 hours, but to be fair it looks like its working already.

My phone now has a great signal, so looking good.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Good news...

--------------------
John
--------------------