cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi working but no internet

Roger31
Joining in

After a local power cut was restored we found that we have lost our internet. And it’s not clear what I should be doing about it. The website says no known external issues. We use the hub as a bridge to an efficient mesh system. But without internet we have nothing. I have rebooted. Uff! The automatic testing on the web using my phone says everything is fine at our address. But it really isn’t.

Oh dear, what do I do? 

12 REPLIES 12

07AF1E1D-5740-4094-9A31-473D156ABD5B.jpeg

Looks red to me, but perhaps others see magenta lurking?

It’s warm to the touch, even now when it’s on but with nothing to do. I can’t answer any good questions about speeds and disconnects as there is right now no internet service feed, and any contact with the outside world is being piggy-backed on my phone hotspot. And that is about the limit of my tech ability/understanding I’m afraid.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's magenta to my eyes... as it should be in modem mode 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Roger31

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having internet issues.

That looks like a magenta colour light to indicate the Hub being in modem mode to me, however I would like to run some further tests on our system to investigate the issue. Would you be able to switch your Hub back into router mode for me so that I am able to investigate this further?

Kind regards,

Serena