cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pods

Rowenuk
Joining in

Right so I have a hub 4 with 3 pods on the  1gb service. I get hi pings and dropouts etc. the noise in my house confirms that.  Anyways that I can handle. My problem is since my last drop out all the pods are pulsing white. VM say this is because they are too far. Moved to within 30cm still no joy. Done a hub reboot and reset multiple times. VM say it is something on their end and the high end technical team are dealing with it. Strange as when I log into the admin for the router the smart Wi-Fi is greyed out. So one cannot toggle it on and off. Has anyone else got the fault and have a workaround? 

tia

9 REPLIES 9

David1984
Tuning in

I think there are a few people having the same issue. I know I am. I have 3x pods all within 2m of Hub4 pulsing white for days. Another user said there was an issue at VM that is being sorted in next 5-days...holding breath! 😉

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rowenuk 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your Pods. 

I would love to assist further 😊

Have you been able to troubleshoot here at all?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Done all the troubleshooting numerous times to no avail. Unfortunately I believe the fault lies with the Home Hub 4. I have explained this to VM and their response is to send out new pods. I know this will not work so just going round in circles. 

Hi @Rowenuk 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. OK so I am sorry you don't feel like this would solve it but it's worthwhile trying. I can see from the system check this has been ordered. 

Let us know how you get on.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Pods were ordered but was contacted today stating I have the maximum of three what seems pointless as none of them work 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See message 14 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intelligent-WiFi-Pods-Not-Working/td-p/5275...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Thank you. I suspect it is the hub 4. Have tried to explain that to vm. So going to call and get an engineer   

Hi all

just to update it definitely is the hub. Mine was just replaced and all is working plus my Wi-Fi speed has doubled aswell. If you call insist on a technician visit and get them to change it over? 

Hi @Rowenuk,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that your issues now appear to be resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!