cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pod flashing blue

Scousedicko
Joining in

After having issues with my broadband the other day and eventually it sorting itself out I have found my Wi-Fi pod is just continuously flashing blue.  I’ve tried resetting the hub, switching off pod and even moving it to same room as my hub.  However it’s still starts with green light then goes to to constant blue light flashing.  I’ve tried the set up tools on the app and it says no pod detected.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks 

39 REPLIES 39

Scousedicko
Joining in

Just an update, after flashing blue for probably 10 minutes the light goes off and then goes green again to start the same cycle over again like I’ve just plugged it in and switched it on.  Also when I go onto the connect app it doesn’t show any connected pod and when try to add one it says none detected.

Same issue here! Any resolution?

Hi @Scousedicko 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the WiFi Pod issue. I can see we've ordered another for you, however, I do want to fix the original Pod.

Please see here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/check-services/wifi-pods/troubleshooting/start - this should help with the diagnostics for you.

Keep me posted how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

yes I have received the new pod which is working fine however I have tried everything to get the original one working.  The only way it works now is to connect it via Ethernet cable.  Once unplugged it starts with the green light then goes onto a blue flashing light for about 10 minutes.  After that it starts the process over again and reverts back to the green.  No matter what I do the original pod won’t connect to the hub wirelessly.  I was hoping virgin would of requested this one back as an exchange for a working unit.

Thanks

Hi @Scousedicko 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know. I have contacted a colleague with this for help, to ensure we either can remove the faulty Pod or just send a further 1 to replace it.

I will be in touch when I know more.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, that would be great if possible and I am happy to return the faulty one if it helps virgin find out what went wrong with it.

Thanks

Thank you for that. I will pass that information onto my colleague. 

^Martin

Hi, 

I'm having exactly the same issue, I've tried all the recommended solutions but can't get it to connect. It's in the death cycle of flashing green first, then blue flashing after a minute or two, then stops restarts again after a minute or two. The app doesn't recognise the pod neither.

Not sure what to do, even I've factory reset the Hub 4 but not helped.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 

Hi @Ozilala 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WiFi pods connecting at this time. We are aware of some issues surrounding the WiFi pod connection and not being visible on the connect app. The team are working to resolve this as soon as possible for those customers affected. 

Just to confirm, have you moved the pods into the same room as the router into a main socket to see if the pods connect? The flashing should stop after 15 minutes. 

Let me know if this has worked or not, and if not I will flag that you are also experiencing the known issue to the team. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley