cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi not working

Lin72
Tuning in

Hub 5 is not transmitting a Wi-Fi signal. I have some things connected to the hub via Ethernet and they are all working fine so the signal coming into the box is ok. Any devices connected via Wi-Fi are saying no internet connection? Hub is in the position that it has always been (since 2016) and not had this issue before. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

This is the second customer in a week reporting Virgin Powerline Wi-Fi booster units that have failed in an ugly manner.   We can add causing network port failure to thermal events & audible noise as signs the devices should be promptly disconnected from the mains and your network.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I understand there is a bug with the Hub 5. Try disconnecting all of the ethernet cables and carrying out a 60 second pinhole reset of the hub. If that fails you are likely to need a replacement hub via an engineer. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Tried that and it seems to have done the trick thanks.  Hub worked fine without anything plugged into the Ethernet ports so reconnected one at a time and it seemed to be the TP Link that I had connected that was causing the issue. Is now working fine with that one unplugged and all the other Ethernet cables still connected. 

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 Software version  LG-RDK_6.9.22-2302.6  started to rollout around  26/07/2023

We live in hope that after a 2 year wait, this update might be a fix for Hub 5's long list of issues !

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What TP-Link device was it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It was a Virgin Powerline Wi-Fi booster - had it for a few years but not had any issues until the last few days.

Client62
Legend

This is the second customer in a week reporting Virgin Powerline Wi-Fi booster units that have failed in an ugly manner.   We can add causing network port failure to thermal events & audible noise as signs the devices should be promptly disconnected from the mains and your network.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As above... these are cheap and cheerless units... several have been reported on here as bursting into flames 😱.  Remove and recycle all of these now.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve removed the two units I had from the mains sockets now and completely disconnected. Both units were very warm when I unplugged them.