cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi not reaching back room even with booster half way

Jammy74
Tuning in

Router in front room, working at home office in back room, wi fi drops to 40% there, and that’s with a booster half way between 

small old house but with very thick walls, any suggestions welcomed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
A mesh system. Or running some Ethernet cable if the house is small

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
A mesh system. Or running some Ethernet cable if the house is small

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks, mesh sys looks the way forward.  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jammy74 wrote:

Router in front room, working at home office in back room, wi fi drops to 40% there, and that’s with a booster half way between 

“Boosters” is a misleading term. They just extend the signal and each hop reduces the signal strength. So your observation is correct and not a fault. Mesh systems are similar unless they have a cabled backhaul or are triband. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks