cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi keeps dropping

Prasanna
Joining in

I moved to virgin last month and got hub 3. I got a mesh as well. But my Wi-Fi keeps dropping as a result. The phone gets disconnects or can’t make calls using Wi-Fi. Same with other things like smart TVs and laptops. Ethernet connected computer haven’t seen an issue. Please help. Thanks. Pras

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So... no issues on ethernet connections but just on wifi from your Mesh - is that correct?

If so... What make and model of Mesh system is it?

Have you tried a new Cat6 ethernet cable between Hub and 1st Mesh unit?

Have you got the Hub in modem mode?

Did you follow the correct connection "sequence" that is posted in many posts on here?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Prasanna,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issue with your Wi-Fi.

Can you please answer the questions from @jbrennand? As we need to know 🙂

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for you reply. The mesh is Bt andd it was connected by the virgin engineer during virgin set up. I have used it before without any issues. Now I have change the wire as well . Still the Wi-Fi connection dropping every few minutes. Thanks 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Prasanna

I'm going to private message you to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Eventhough the engineer came to fix the issue it’s still dropping. Can’t even make Wi-Fi mediated voice call. It’s bit worse now. Thanks 

Hi Prasanna,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing some issues. 

Can you please confirm if this is just the WiFi? How is it via Ethernet cable?

Do you have a BQM set up?

Alex_Rm

Hi it’s mainly Wi-Fi. I don’t use Ethernet that much. I don’t see any problem with landline calling. I don’t have BQM.

thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Prasanna,

Thanks for getting back to us - I'm really sorry to hear that the issues have persisted.

I'd like to get another visit booked in for you and inform the engineering team that this is not fully resolved. I've ran further checks from ours side and all of your upstream levels are out of spec. 

I'll just send you a private message to confirm some account details and we'll go from there, just keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Prasanna,

Thanks for getting back to me via private message. As advised I've booked another visit for you so one of our engineers can hopefully get this resolved fully for you.

You can check the appointment via the online My VM Account and also change the date/time there too if needed.

Please keep us posted following the visit and don't hesitate to let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team