cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi is terrible (200Mb)

AS6
Dialled in

Alright,

My Wi-Fi is absolutely **bleep**. It is supposed to give me 213/20 (D/U) and I am getting 70 in my living room as for wireless and this is my download speed. Upstairs I get 20. When wired using powerline networking, I am getting fluctuating speeds that might peak at 200 just for a split-second but then instantly drop down to 5 the next second.

I can't play on my Xbox without the Wi-fi either:

A) Kicking me out of the session

B) The Wifi turning off fully even though it is turned on

I called a person and she said that they would call back and give details to help me yet I did not receive a call and then afterwards when i called back again after being blasted by the music and my left ear on life support, i got through to someone that i couldn't hear properly so i asked for them to move their mic just for them to put me on hold and then end the call. 

This is a call for help,

Please, give me my promised speeds.

30 REPLIES 30

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A mesh will give you the best WiFi performance, but you will not keep up with the dedicated gamers who use ethernet connections to an Openreach fibre service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi AS6,

Sorry to hear that our engineer has not been able to resolve your Wifi issues. I have done a quick check on your account this morning and there are no issues showing to indicate any problems.

How have things been over the weekend?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi AS6,

Really sorry to hear that the issue is ongoing. I have sent an email to our area field manager to see if there is more we can do to get this issue resolved.

As soon as I get any response I will post back to you. Please be aware they are field based, and not office based it may take a short while for a response .

Kind regards Jodi 

"Openreach fibre service" So you mean BT and other companies that have actually began rollout of full fibre right? Also, yeah I'm planning on getting a mesh system to replace the powerline set as it should improve my speed, maybe fix the reliability but I think that's more to do with the crappy service itself. For me Fibre comes next year probably Q3 or Q4 because knowing Boris The Buffoon it will be delivered right towards the end, and as soon as it comes I can happily say I'm **bleep** off for BT 150mb Full Fibre 🙂

Honestly as long as connection drops out and I get near enough to 213/20 DU as Virgin always spout BS and never deliver the claimed speeds, then I will be fine. Also some low ping and high packet rates with low packet loss would be nice, to avoid lagging.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AS6

I'm really sorry that you are so disappointed with our service, that is not ideal at all. I understand how frustrating it must be to be experiencing these issues with your speeds and your connection.

I have chased up for further information from the Area Field Manager and will keep you posted as soon as I have a response.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi AS6,

We have responded to your private messages. We have also informed you of the outcome form the area manager decision.

We are sorry you feel this way, however we have carried out a full investigation and we have advised you of what needs to be done to rectify the issues.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Well, I disagree with your outcome of your so called investigation. This is as my Wi-Fi keeps turning off, and nothing will convince you. Speeds/reliability have not been fixed and you know it.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
What speed are you getting by good old wire?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AS6,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message.

I am no longer able to assist you via PM.

Please return the pods to https://virg.in/returnkit

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@legacy1 wrote:
What speed are you getting by good old wire?

He's already said in post #8

"Ok, via pure ethernet so from the box the speeds are fine."

So he's demanding from VM something that no ISP would install for their customer: a free high-speed WiFi system suitable for gaming. 

Hopefully his contract will end soon and he will go away and bleep at BT instead.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.