Menu
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi black spot upstairs

Have not upgraded or replaced any hardware but over last few months I cannot get a strong and consistent Wi-Fi signal in 3 rooms upstairs, even when there is little Wi-Fi usage.  Have tried the usual steps but as there was no problem a month or so ago what’s happened? 

Used the app which directed me to Website says I can have a booster (for free) but I must call first.....this is a problem , I have tried for hours to get through and the lines are always busy.

also tried online chat from my workplace but got left hanging on that also! Rude!

how can I get a booster if no one answers the call?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi black spot upstairs

Have tried the usual steps but as there was no problem a month or so ago what’s happened?

The wireless environment is always changing. what works now might not work in an hour. Maybe something in the area has changed

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How can I get this fixed though? Have no idea what outside factors could be causing it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kellyh2.

Thanks for posting. From running a check, there is an issue currently affecting the service, and the networks team are working hard to resolve it asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has been a problem for a while now? What kind of issue that virgin have only affect my rooms upstairs? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can see that since posting, you've spoke to the team and a booster is on it's way. 

Please let me know how this goes and if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The booster still has not arrived? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kellyh2, 

I'm sorry to hear that your boosters haven't arrived. 

I've had this double checked with my colleague and I can now confirm that your booster set will be delivered on Tuesday 5th November. 

Regards,

Dean C

0 Kudos