cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Stopped Working

Strikeman
Tuning in

Hi!

3 weeks ago we noticed our Wi-Fi had dropped out and our devices were no longer connecting

However weirdly our phones are still connected to it and it’s showing as full bar, despite it definitely not actually working

I put a paper clip into the reset button and reset it. This seemed to solve the problem for a couple of weeks despite having to set everything back up again device wise

The WI-FI has now dropped AGAIN. It’s done the exact same thing, shows in the network list on our phones, looks like our phones are connected to it but doesn’t actually work

- All devices have now lost connection to it

- Virgin Connect can’t find it when trying to connect to it 

- Plugging in the Ethernet cable works perfectly and gives us the 250mb+ speed, it’s only the Wi-Fi that doesn’t work

I am loathed to reset it again because a) all devices need to be re-added but more importantly b) it’s clearly not solving the problem and something else underlying is going on

It’s a VM Hub3

Any suggestions would be greatly received!

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yep but VM say do a reset to fix problems which is wrong but VM will not take the hint. So you can ask for another hub or use modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

How do I go about getting a new hub? I am paying for a service I am no longer benefitting to full extent so Virgin needs to fix it or replace the equipment right!??

Are there any Virgin bids on this chat that can pick this up please?

When a device finds the Hub's WiFi and can connect to it but then does not work, I always suspect the hand of the VM Connect app is involved in pausing devices.

Using the Reset button on a Hub clears the list of paused devices enabling them to work again.

Hi @Strikeman thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having ongoing WiFi issues. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Lee_R