cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Pods?

LordMilky
Tuning in

Hello, a few weeks back I received an email saying that if I don't get speeds of 20Mbps or a connection that I was able to get free Wi-Fi Pods but after looking into it I'm not sure how to order them?

I have 3 rooms in my house (2 bedrooms and the bathroom) that get dips in speeds and sometimes no connections at all, sometimes making it impossible to watch a 720p YouTube video without buffers! I was wondering if I could get some of the Wi-Fi pods and how do I go about getting them?

Any help appreciated! Proof of email below 🙂

wifi.PNG

9 REPLIES 9

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

@LordMilky either wait here for a MOD to help or call customer services, My experience your probably better of wait here for a MOD to pickup your post. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LordMilky, 

Thank you for you post 🙂 
I am sorry you have been haivng issues with ordering the pods, have you got the connect app? You can get it here this will scan your home and see if pods are needed.

Zoie

I've just downloaded the app and done tests in the rooms I'm having issues with and as you can see i'm not getting 20Mbps in them, these are the results:

Bathroom: As you can see I'm only getting 16Mbps and this is with all the doors open, its worse and sometimes dont even get a connection with them closed.

310605851_475221564536450_7669204982349246605_n.jpg

Bedroom 1: This room barely has a connection and its not strong enough to even scroll through social media because stuff don't load, only getting 1Mbps.

310828805_511854897038998_4270550550260150870_n.jpg

bedroom 2: I couldn't even test this one because the connection was so weak it kept disconnecting and failing. same issue also popped up when trying to test the hub.

311042740_599875501822554_1443436893013784939_n.jpg

When wired up or close to the router I have no issues at all but in these rooms wifi is just completely unusable so where do I go from here and getting a the Wi-Fi pods mentioned in the email?

Hi @LordMilky

Thanks for coming back to the thread

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining us on PM, LordMilky and allowing me to order a Pod. 

Please let us know how the service is after installing the Pod, or if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I only had 1 pod delivered (which I assume is correct) And the room its installed in its been working great! 

But I still get a very slow connection in the other bedroom. (which is on the other side of the house from where the pod is installed)

The bathroom keeps getting big drops and inconsistent connection and while using it earlier I was unable to load any posts on instagram and it was loosing connection very often in the 15 mins I was using my phone in there! (the bathroom is downstairs at the back of the house furthest away from the router)

But like I said, the pod in the one bedroom is working great no faults so far! 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply LordMilky.

I am sorry to hear the bathroom is still struggling to get a connection. 

Are you able to place the Pod in a more central location and receive the signal to both areas? 

If not, please do let us know and we will be able to assist with ordering a second Pod. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Sadly Its as central as possible so I cant move it closer without loosing connection in the bedroom again

Hi there @LordMilky 

Thank you for confirming and we're so sorry the one pod isn't enough. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get another one ordered for you, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you