cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Pod - first one connected to hub via ethernet

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Hi

The only way I can get semi-decent speed on my 2nd pod is if the first is connected to the hub (hub 5) via an ethernet cable. Does anyone know if that is normal?

I notice the Plume website says you should do that with the first pod as with other mesh systems.

4 REPLIES 4

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

bump

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bakhshi84,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with one of your Wi-Fi Pods recently. Do any of these tips help at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Not really Zach, the most speed I can get is 100mbps. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks for confirming this @bakhshi84 

I have checked the systems and all looks great with your readings and specs. There are also no issues in the area that might be causing any service disruptions.

You don't need to have the 1st pod plugged into the router via ethernet, if you wanted to play around with the positioning of your pods to get the faster speeds into the areas of the home or to the device(s). There are currently no issues that we can see at our side with your current set up if you are getting speeds of 100mbps via WiFi. 

Please also ensure that the devices and ethernet cables you are using in your set up have the capacity to exceed speeds of 94-100mpbs as these will play a factor in your overall speed to the device. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley