cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Pod and 5G signal

Telbel123
Tuning in

Hi. I just received my first WiFi pod and on plugging it in my 5G signal disappeared completely. It has a different SSID to my 2G signal. Should they both have the same SSID? Any advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes fresh out of the box, the VM Hub's all combine th 2 frequencies into one SSID - because the Hub is smart enough to know which frequency to connect to !

For those who dont believe that, you can go into te Hub settings and give the 2 frequencies their own unique SSID - so you can select which band each device connects to.

This can help if some devices (e.g. - camera's, doorbells, printers, etc) are struggling to connect to the combined SSID

HOWEVER - Pods will not work if you do that - they have to have the combined SSID to work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Both SSID networks need to be called the same and channel needs to be set to auto along with channel optimisation needs to be ticked.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes fresh out of the box, the VM Hub's all combine th 2 frequencies into one SSID - because the Hub is smart enough to know which frequency to connect to !

For those who dont believe that, you can go into te Hub settings and give the 2 frequencies their own unique SSID - so you can select which band each device connects to.

This can help if some devices (e.g. - camera's, doorbells, printers, etc) are struggling to connect to the combined SSID

HOWEVER - Pods will not work if you do that - they have to have the combined SSID to work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks both for the prompt replies.