cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is your internet so crap and your customer service agents so gobby?

Sarahwhitehead
Joining in

Anyone else beyond sick of Virgin’s short fixes? ‘Turn your internet off and on again’. Fixes it for half hour and then you’re back on the phone with them and they tell you to do the same thing. It’s a vicious circle, in which they just wait for you to give up. Every single day my internet cuts out. Every day. Do I get money off my bill? Nooooo. What happens when I try and contact customer services - I get a gobby little teenager who says she’ll transfer me and then doesn’t. This ‘company’ wouldn’t know business ethics if it came up and bit them in the arse. Ridiculously fed up. They think that because they have the monopoly they can treat people however they want. One day, you’ll have no customers left. And I sincerely hope that that does happen. I’m off to find a new provider. 

14 REPLIES 14

Z92
Trouble shooter

If you are here to just moan then that's fine but don't expect anyone to help you with your connection. 

If on the other hand you actually want your connection fixed then you need to tell us exactly what the problem is... 

Have you already handed in your 30 days notice? 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
This is a support forum - not a rant and rave forum.

If you want help, then fine.

If not, then that's also fine.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Whose going to help me with my connection? I’ve asked over and over and over and over and wasted hours of my life trying to get this sorted. It’s down as we speak. I’ve had to increase my mobile phone data just so my son can access the internet to do his home schooling. So I’m soooo very sorry if I’m moaning, but I’m paying full price for a half-**bleep** service, in which nobody is wanting to help sort it. I think it’s disgraceful. And then I see your adverts saying, ‘fastest connection speed’. False advertising, that’s what that is. Can’t even get connected half the time.

@Sarahwhitehead wrote:

Whose going to help me with my connection?

probably no-one, not until you actually provide some usable info about your problem, and you stop the ranting.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Why do you think I’m ranting? I’ve already said that I have tried over and over. I have provided them with every single thing they have asked for. I do everything they tell me to do. They’ve already told me in the past that the lines are out of date and need replacing - this was well over a year ago, but they haven’t done it and every time I ask them about it, they avoid an answer. ‘Stop ranting’. Would you be ok with paying full price with on and off internet all day? 

And this has been going on for two years by the way, so excuse me if I’m slightly fed up.

Outages happen unfortunately as they would do with any ISP.

Is the connection completely down?

What are the lights on the hub doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

I’m having a very bad day with my health at the moment, so I’m stuck in bed and can’t see what the hub is doing. It’s completely down now. Has been for about 40 minutes. This happens every day and has done for the past two years. I’ve rang them countless times and all they say is ‘turn it off and on again’, which fixes it, but only for a short period. Then I ring them again and they tell me to do the same thing. If I say to them that this is only a short fix and they need to try something else, they’ll tell me there is nothing they can do until I switch the hub on and off again. I just go round and round with them.

Unless you can provide some assistance from your side there's not much more we can do.

What's down at the moment? Wired? WiFi?