cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is support so terrible?

Guy1195
Tuning in

So,

Apparently work was scheduled in our area Thursday. Our internet has been down the entire time since, so I decided to call after getting a text saying 'We're finished working in your area, your internet is okay now.' on the same day, And my internet was still down... Customer support said my hub was 7 years old and needed to send me a new one which was going to apparently take 5 days to arrive. But we 'had a 25% chance for the day after, and 33% chance for the day after that' (his words exactly...)

Anyway, it arrived, and they just sent me another Hub 3.0... Which we already have... Literally the exact same unit. I opened the box and it was just a reused unit from someone else, and even the tool to unscrew the coax was missing, the event log on the device said there was critical errors in 2022 so clearly just a reused bit of kit from someone else who likely had issues also.

Weird coincidence that our Hub just apparently turned old and stopped working from the moment there was work being done in our area. Anyway, 'new' hub arrived, spent 30 minutes on the phone to someone to activate it and it hasn't made a damn difference. I told them on the phone that the network diagnostic tools on the hub was saying the broadband was down. The new hub says the exact same thing. Because, funnily enough, the broadband is down. And not a single person that I speak to in customer services want's to do anything about it other than just run through pointless scripts attempting to fix my issue. 

I've setup a race, Virgin media to fix their broadband, or brsk to come out and install their internet. I wonder who wins? Which one do you have your money on? 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Wasn't aware of the phone version! Gave it a call and it said there was no issues in my area that they're aware of. But when I try use the online tool, about 30 minutes ago it said there is a problem in my area and they're working hard to fix it.. But now it says this.. I'm just sick of lack of transparency with Virgin Media haha, for years I've never had a true answer out of them, my last address I had at least 7 engineers out to try fix our issues before we got an honest answer out of them. Brsk is really seeming like an ISP we've all needed for years, without the BT/Virgin monopoly. Only time will tell I suppose.

Guy1195_0-1685228732831.png

Guy1195
Tuning in

Guy1195_1-1685230236293.png

Eyyy we get a different answer this time! 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Guy1195 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your broadband connection.

Unfortunately, we're unable to run diagnostics at the moment here so please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W