Menu
Stradaman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is my wifi bad ?

Hub was replaced and upgraded when I threaten I was leaving recently.

A6BC3647-803C-4E6C-B992-070458C1344A.png

172C6965-F9D8-41FE-BB5E-1D3B5FF83712.png

my speeds are shocking, meant to get 100mb , as you see in the pictures no where near that if at all. I can’t access WiFi in my bedrooom directly upstairs to hub, when previously had no issues what so ever. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my wifi bad ?

Could be a wifi setup issue,.but I'm guessing a power or noise problem's more likely, and that can usually be fixed easily.  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text not screnshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The hub is bad for wifi threaten I was leaving you might of well of done now you can't leave for xx months

VM will only see a fault if your not getting your speed by wire so try by wire.

For better WiFi get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What are wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos