cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so hard to get a pod?

Ray141
Tuning in

Hi all,

I’ve just joined Virgin and I’m pretty much regretting it already. 

We had a technician visit a few days ago and set everything up but found our main office room didn’t get good coverage-barely 20mbs. He said to call them up to arrange for free pods to be delivered. I have done this 3 times now and twice they told me I need to wait 24 hours and the third time he tried to charge me £8 a month for a pod!! 

Posting here and hoping someone can come and help sort this out because we’re running our computers and laptops in the office off of mobile data.. 

thanks!

ray

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max & https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi 

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you.

If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage - argue the toss with them - or just give up and wait here !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for responding John.

I called them up again and mentioned that I have only had my internet activated by them (last week- M250 Fibre Broadband) but they said I had to pay £8 a month! 

I spoke to another team and they keep telling me to call back in 24hours and request a pod. First time around it was because it wasn’t activated for 24 hours, tried calling today and due to a technical issue in the area (but not impacting my hub) they want me to wait another 24 hours! 

I’m really hoping someone can help or respond to this thread in the next few days and help me get a pod and sort out the lack of internet in the office! At least I still have 14 days to get this sorted before I jump ship!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You have 14 days from activation of the service in which to cancel - dont leave it to the last minute as cancelling can be a challenge.

A VM person should respond here soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Ray141,

Thanks for posting on our forums about ordering a WIFI pod, I am sorry if the customer service team on the phone were not able to pop this through for you. 

I just want to confirm that the Pods are part of our WIFI Max scheme which is free on our VOLT/Gig1 packages, then £8 per month for lower packages such as your 250Mbps package. 

If you are still interested, please download our Connect App and perform a WIFI scan in all rooms of your home so it can detect the WIFI blackspots, it will then prompt you do order your first WIFI pod. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to be clear... as per that website.... the pods should be FREE to you if you are  on a "250 Volt" package

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.25.16 copy.jpg

--------------------
John
--------------------

Transferring to an agent.. all night waiting with online chat
13 years a customer here
joke now this company

Thanks for responding Megan. 

I spoke to someone today and we upgraded my package to a Volt package. He said I would now be eligible for a pod, can you please let me know how I can go about ordering this?

Thank you,

Isra

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ray141 wrote:

Thanks for responding Megan. 

I spoke to someone today and we upgraded my package to a Volt package. He said I would now be eligible for a pod, can you please let me know how I can go about ordering this?

Thank you,

Isra

See message 2. 

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi Ray141, 

That's brilliant news that you've upgraded to our Volt package! I hope you're enjoying it 😁

The first thing I need you to do is download the Connect App and do a WIFI scan of your whole home to see if it detects any WIFI black spots - If it does it will prompt you to order a WIFI pod through the app itself. If it doesn't show this prompt, it will still send a signal to our systems which will in turn allow us to order a WIFI pod due to your activity on the app.

Please let us know how you get on 😁

Thanks,

Megan_L