cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to obtain Wifi pods?

Steve_V
Joining in

I've been using my Hub3 in modem mode for a while, with some (externally bought) MESH routers connected. But I've been having connection issues recently, so I've decided to switch my hub back to router mode to see if it's any better, or to eliminate the pods as the cause.

There are a few blackspots in my home where the signal is very poor and I've used the Virgin Connect app to scan, which confirms this. I can't see how and where I request pods but they're definitely required if I'm to continue using the VM hub in router mode. How do I obtain them because the app isn't offering me any?

I am a Volt customer, so believe I am eligible for free pods.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Mesh make and model have you been using with what issues exactly?

That should be the optimum set up so it may just need some tweaks

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steve_V,

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get some of our WiFi Pods ordered. We'll be able to order them for you. Just to let you know, only one Pod can be ordered and sent out at a time, so if you do require more after the initial one, let us know and we can place another order for you.

I've sent you over a private message so I can take some details. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

@jbrennand wrote:
What Mesh make and model have you been using with what issues exactly?

That should be the optimum set up so it may just need some tweaks

They were Tenda Nova MW3, so not exactly the most expensive ones. They did work well initially but we've recently been having a lot of problems with being disconnected when working from home.