cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has virgin WiFi gone so **bleep** !!!!!

Tat1
Joining in

Drops out every 5 mins every answer is different when phoning up SHOCKING. I’ve bin with them since they were NTL !!!!!  HELP PLEASE IM LOOSING THE WILL 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this first...

Have you checked first for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. After all, they dont often know they have a "wider" fault until multiple customers start calling in to complain.   If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tat1,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing frequent dropouts when connecting to our internet services, we can certainly understand the frustration this issue can cause.

Remotely checking the systems for our end, we can see that you have already had an engineer's visit booked.

How did this go? Has the engineer managed to resolve the issues, or do you still require assistance?

Kind regards Jodi.