Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Hub 5 think it's a Hub 3?

DJSubterrain
On our wavelength

Got installed, took a while.
Re-configured my Wi-Fi to match my old Wi-Fi networks

Cleared my cookies for the router page, the tab still shows "Hub 3", as does the page itself:

DJSubterrain_0-1639850445339.png

The admin page does look remarkably similar although it is a look quicker/smoother than the Hub 3's

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Strange, it’s almost as if they simply took the existing web interface code for the Hub 3 and grafted it into the Hub 5 without bothering too much about changing it!

No; surely some mistake!

Seriously though, user interface issues aside, it does make you wonder what other ‘problems’ might be lurking in the firmware.

Personally, I declined the offer (and I did have to be quite forceful) of a Hub 4 a while ago, I think I’ll be the same for the 5, of course your milage might vary!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 is still in "open" trials, so the firmware will take some time to sort out.  There are still bugs in the Hub 4 btw ......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DJSubterrain thanks for posting.  

I am really sorry for any confusion.  I just want to quickly rule a possibility out. To do this I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R