Why do virgin never answer when you ring with tech prob

Fed up waiting for virgin tech prob always being busy when there’s an issue 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do virgin never answer when you ring with tech prob

Because they take a commercial view that having cheap, low quality, inadequately resourced "technical support" doesn't lose enough customers to justify spending more money and doing the job properly.  And if there is a spare million quid around, they'd expect to see a bigger return from throwing that at the already huge and bloated marketing budget to sign up new customers.

All the big ISPs are much of a muchness in this respect.  If you want better customer service then your options are Zen Internet IDNet, Aquiss, and for the adventurous AAISP, and for all of those you'll have to put up with whatever Openreach can provide.  Hyperoptic have a good name and offer gigabit broadband, but only in selected small footprints in urban areas.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given the hub 3 causes problems they are just busy....they should of just given us modems.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Given the hub 3 causes problems they are just busy....they should of just given us modems.

Yeahhh...

I dont think that would be a fustercluck at all.

Joe Average trying to connect his I phone wirelessly to a vanilla cable modem.... what could go wrong?

Also they do give us a modem.

Other than that, sage advice.

3/10 would not read again. I preferred your earlier work.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

Joe Average trying to connect his I phone wirelessly to a vanilla cable modem.... what could go wrong?

Yes nothing to go wrong because VM given out a modem only they would only support a wired connection.

0 Kudos