Menu
Val_T
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why do I need a new contract?

I have a constant orange light on my hub3 after two calls yesterday and today I still have an orange light only on my hub, but it’s ok according to customer services. The reboots, were for 40 seconds and the. 10 seconds today, so no constancy. The hub now has a shadow on my devices. My internet ii also now patchy and after being transferred to sales I am now told I need a new contract after having the same one since I moved into my current address 7 years ago and being a customer for 20. 

I felt like I am being held hostage for internet when I am a home worker and in upgrading to a new contract the sales lady wanted bank details which have been supplied, as I NEEDED to take out a sim only contract which I don’t need or want. 

I feel really feed up after 2 hours on the phone. All I want is for the internet to work and the hub3. Is this too much to ask especially with the £4 increase next month. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I need a new contract?

Did you agree to a new contract? There is no "need" unless you want a better priced deal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have been incorrectly advised, you don't need a new fixed term contract to get a faulty hub replaced.  I'll mark this post for forum staff to advise, they can usually get you a replacement hub if that's needed.

Any red or "non-standard" colour on the hub's LED means it needs replacing, if a pinhole reset doesn't clear it.  Whether a replacement will resolve a poor connection I'm not so sure - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Val_T
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I did mention this forum at which point the customer services put me over to sales. My mind is boggled as to a wasted two hours no further a long with getting the hub working after two forced resets (pressing back button) and then to be called twice by pushy sales people, it’s a full time job speaking with VM. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

While we wait for VM input, you say that the internet is "patchy" - what do you mean by that - speeds/disconnects both? And is that on wifi or ethernet connections - or both?

Did you do this...

Do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

Then Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Val_T 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband services. 

I have taken a look over things and I think the next step is to order a new hub, I have booked this for you. It should be with you in the next 3 to 5 working days. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M