cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I connect my Sky Q box to my Hub 3?

Siobhan21
Joining in

Hi, I have just installed the hub 3 due to having had problems with Sky but I am unable to connect my Sky Q box, all other devices are picking up the new wifi signal fine, any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sayekm
Fibre optic

I am guessing you have Sky Q TV service only and not Sky internet service as that be waste of money 🙂

I have the same setup..Sky Q TV and Hub3. The Sky Q will only accept 2.4G from non-Sky router or wired connection. So have you disabled the 2.4G on the Hub3?

Also you can disable the Sky Q Wi-Fi being broadcasting..need to go to setting menu and press 001+ enter and the option to disabe will appear.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Every possibility that the Sky Q and Hub 3 Wi-Fi signals are fighting each other .

Check which Broadcast Channels each one is using for the Frequency you are connecting on and adjust the Hub channels.

If at all possible use a Cat 5E / 6 ethernet cable between the two devices.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Last I heard the SkyQ mesh defaults to channel 36 on the 5Ghz band, so should not conflict.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sayekm
Fibre optic

I am guessing you have Sky Q TV service only and not Sky internet service as that be waste of money 🙂

I have the same setup..Sky Q TV and Hub3. The Sky Q will only accept 2.4G from non-Sky router or wired connection. So have you disabled the 2.4G on the Hub3?

Also you can disable the Sky Q Wi-Fi being broadcasting..need to go to setting menu and press 001+ enter and the option to disabe will appear.

Thank you Mike, unfortunately I have no idea how to check what channel they are using.

I am unable to connect through ethernet cable as they are in 2 different rooms.

Hi, yes I now have Sky TV and virgin broadband as Sky broadband was awful. 🙄

Thank you I will try and disable the wifi signal following your instructions, I can't get this to work either, nothing happens when i press 001+enter 😟  I have no idea how to check if the 2.4G has been disabled on the hub 3 or not. 🙈

This video shows how to disable the Sky Q Wi-Fi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4QjpkKki8

This video shows how to check the Hub3 Wi-Fi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7r036eqjI

Thank you ill give these a go 😊