Menu
Networkfail
Joining in
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I on my 4th router in 8 weeks

Hi Sam, thought my post last night had been regiatered but just rechecked and don't see post so guessing it failed out.

Around 8.15 last night the router repeatedly rebooted and eventually took around 30 to 40 mins to finally re establish a working downstream link.

Thanks,

Colin.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

You need to call up and ask for refunds for loss of service.

Going by the amount of line noise you must have I would honestly seek to have the whole bill refunded.

Would it be possible to change to another provider, if the techs that work your area are refusing to actually fix the problem then moving to another provider could be a good step.

Even if they fix it at this point you should still seek compensation.  Also if they don't turn up for an appointment you can seek compensation (It's a pittance) for that too.  If you have no other option but VM, seek compensation and print out a leaflet with the fault reference, drop it through the other doors on the street telling people how to get the refund.  Nothing says get off your rear more than a loss for a whole block of customers ;).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Networkfail
Joining in
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Odd you should mention refunds VMcopperUser, it was to be my next question to Sam once she has replied to my last update. As you have pointed out the service has been dodgy for nearly 2 months now with no full analysis and default problem solving (reboot or replace).

Thanks for the comments.

hopefully get some input from Sam soon.

0 Kudos
Networkfail
Joining in
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, you asked me to update you with further issues and i am yet to have any feed back since last update a couple of days ago.

Further info for today, Sat15 th Sept.

Broadband lost for almost half an hour today between 3.35 and 4 pm router self  rebooting cycle for most of that. Also just lost connection a few minutes ago about 7.55 pm for 5 to 10 minutes. No reboot of router just signal drop and broadband bottom out as before.

If the known fault regarding SNR has been closed as of Wednesday last  i would suggest it needs reopened and further investigation is required.

Look forward to hearing from you.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Networkfail
Joining in
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon Sam,

further update of failure today at 13:30.

Have had no feed back for 8 days now since the fault was closed off as being resolved.

Any chance of an update??

0 Kudos
Networkfail
Joining in
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

And down again from 2.30 until now.

I'd appreciate someone picking this up and getting back to me.

Who ever gets back to me can also tell me how I can claim compensation. I just received my VM bill a couple of days ago and really think I shouldn't be paying the usual for such an inconsistent service and a distinct lack of support.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Your snr fault is likely a fault on your cable, internal or external. Post your downstream and upstream levels again if you can. Are your neighbours having the same issue as you? If there not then it is not an area fault and it is a fault on your line only. And picking up on an earlier post, service techs can fix snr if it isolated to one property ie your drop cable. If the snr is coming from the cab, then that is a network fault dealt with by network engineers.

Networkfail
Joining in
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the input, I have suggested this already to VM and to the last engineer who was on site, I think I have even mentioned it in this post somewhere.

I'll see what I can do regarding repost of snr but VM now have all the info I can provide on this and I have already had 2 engineer visits. The only thing not replaced is the cable from pit to house.it must be that unless they haven't fixed the known snr issue, mentiomented in this post earlier, that was allegedly fixed more than a week ago.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree with you. The snr could be caused by a number of things. Faulty splitter, faulty isolator, loose f connectors. Most likely would be a fault on your cable which you have mentioned, although usually an snr fault on your cable would only effect one or two frequencies, not all of them. Definately need a compitent engineer sent out. The engineer can test the signal at various points throughout your house to find where the snr is coming from.

Networkfail
Joining in
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So, four, thats right, four network disconnections this afternoon alone. Snr drops and router complete reconnection attempts.

I have removed the tivo as its a waste of time. Single 1 M cable connection from wall to router to limit kit connections and cable length, same s#*t as before, drop of service and router attempting to get down stream stability and reconnect.

Either faulty cable provided with new kit or there is an external cabling issue / on going snr fault in my area that is yet to be resolved. ( see previouse comment by VM forum worker about fault in my area about 10 days ago)

So VM, what exactly do you intend to do about this now 10 week old fault??

0 Kudos