cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is Customer Support Non Existent?

bins
Tuning in

Does anyone know how to contact Virgin for anything other than sales?

I have had broadband and wifi issues for a few weeks and constantly keep going around the support pages in loops.

No phone number.

No chat. 

How do I get it resolved?

Note: Before going through a standard support process, I have done several things, including resetting the box.  When broadband is running, wired internet works, but wifi is intermittent.  It is also quite a poor, unstable connection.

19 REPLIES 19

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let us know what the actual problem is and we may be able to help.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the really quick response.

I thought I had mentioned the issues:

Intermittent broadband (works more than it doesn't, though).

Intermittent wifi with poor connectivity/transfer rate.

Sorry, also the inability to contact Virgin and gain support!

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
So it's just a wifi issue?

Wifi speeds and connectivity are not supported as part of your contract.

That being said what optimisations have you made already to try and improve the wifi yourself?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No, it is a core broadband connectivity issue and intermittent wifi issue.

'Wifi speeds and connectivity are not supported as part of your contract.' 

If they supply a box as part of a service and that box is meant to supply a feature, e.g. wifi, then it is part of the contract.

I have tried several things, including resetting the box.  The wifi issue is across all devices, whether 1m or 10m away.

I also have a pod.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
How do wired connections behave?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

They appear to work fine.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

So just a wifi problem then - not a "core" broadband problem.

If you have a pod then the settings on the hub have to be set to automatic, which isn't very well optimised, so there's nothing can be done in terms of manually tweaking settings.

No, broadband generally has been OK, but it has been cutting out and service issues are showing on the Virgin site.