cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do you complain to about Hub when tech support won’t replace it.

Tokraspy
Joining in

Virgin Media !!!!  I am sick of no support where is your faulty superhub device I’m sick of being fobbed off over the past year and a half by your technical uselessness so I am in the process of getting a different provider installed for fibre broadband. 

I have been complaining for basically years that my Wi-Fi connectivity from my superhub is intermittent at best and the range is down to just 5 m or so and when I try and stream for television or an audiobook it just drops out randomly I’ve tried resetting the box numerous times I’ve spoken to your technical lot who reset the box and I will lock everything looks fine but it used to be within days it went wrong now it’s within hours it goes wrong I’ve had it I am not connect on the ethernet system either it couldn’t find it the box was just a constant resetting up mode and I had to turn the box off for half an hour and it came back on somewhat but I’ve complained numerous times about this I’ve got sick of going through the flowchart of technical diagnosis with someone new  yeah you can tell the reading from a flowchart they’ve said about getting some virgin hotspot boxes to extend the range and then never available I can’t have it not get any I’ve even tried buying a commercial Wi-Fi extender that works with virgin media tech and is certified for it and  it couldn’t keep a connection to the superhub and yet technical support says the box is perfectly okay so 

add it to that you can’t log into the box from the app because it doesn’t accept its own codes that are printed on the hub   

well last night I’ve got a British Telecom rep on the doorstep they have upgraded my street to full fibre to the post which is 15 m from my house and they’ve offered to upgrade my cabling to fibre supply me with a new box guarantee in my download speed is guaranteed a range of the Box 70 m not a bedroom or two and make the price cheaper and I’ve got sick of trying to get to somebody in virgin who will get things sorted and get my equipment replaced and get on top of my technical problems and resolve them and pay too damn much for you to be ignoring me I had been starting to look at getting a wireless 5G Internet box and transferring all my stuff over into using that and getting rid of virgin and then this happens on the doorstep 

so what’s Virgin complaints going to say to loosing a LONG TERM customer?? 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Tokraspy wrote:

<snip>

so what’s Virgin complaints going to say to loosing a LONG TERM customer?? 

Sadly, VM will care not one bit if you move to BT or take on a 5G service.

You might get some help here from the tech experts on your wifi/connection issue. Can't follow everything you have written but you need to establish if you have just a wifi issue or if it is your connection generally.

One the subject of BT FTTP ..... I have just moved to the BT FTTP service and I am finding the connection is very good indeed. However, the features and functions of the BT Smart Hub 2 are equally as feeble (maybe even more feeble!) than the VM hubs. The wifi signal from the Smart Hub 2 may possibly be a bit better than the VM hub but still nothing to write home about. So if you are hoping to get better wifi from a BT Smart Hub 2 over a VM hub, you might be disappointed.

If your connection problem really is exclusively wifi related then you should consider getting your own wifi equipment (mesh or access points or router).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

@Tokraspy wrote:

<snip>

One the subject of BT FTTP ..... I have just moved to the BT FTTP service and I am finding the connection is very good indeed. However, the features and functions of the BT Smart Hub 2 are equally as feeble (maybe even more feeble!) than the VM hubs.

@goslow    With FTTP you should be able to connect any Router to the ONT as it's just an ethernet connection.   The only fly in the ointment is the VOIP landline from BT.  If you have one, then they only work with the Smart Hub. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you ever try taking VM out of the equaltion by putting their Hub into modem mode with your own router and better quality wireless equipment?

Equipment would also be transferable to BT or whoever you move to.

I did that 20 years ago and have never had any wifi problems in all of that time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Adduxi wrote:

@goslow    With FTTP you should be able to connect any Router to the ONT as it's just an ethernet connection.   The only fly in the ointment is the VOIP landline from BT.  If you have one, then they only work with the Smart Hub. 

Yep, thanks for that. I was aware but my own wireless requirements are ultra-basic and can be accommodated by the Smart Hub 2. Was just suggesting that if the OP was expecting to move to BT and automatically get fantastic wireless via the BT hub, then they were going to be in for a bit of a disappointment! 😁

That said, BT hub and wireless aside, the BT FTTP connection is very good. Very low latency, 150/30 connection.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

@Adduxi wrote:

Yep, thanks for that. I was aware but my own wireless requirements are ultra-basic and can be accommodated by the Smart Hub 2. Was just suggesting that if the OP was expecting to move to BT and automatically get fantastic wireless via the BT hub, then they were going to be in for a bit of a disappointment! 😁

That said, BT hub and wireless aside, the BT FTTP connection is very good. Very low latency, 150/30 connection.

Yes, I helped my son with his BT FTTP install, but used 2 PoE AP's to service his wifi requirements.  And yes, his connection is sterling 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks