Menu
JordanCh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Who can I turn to for help?

We signed up 2 weeks ago and the internet has barely been usable. The support have been no help at all. We were passed through to Gadget Rescue regarding a Virgin line issue in our area - who obviously could not investigate or fix the problem yet we’re being charged an additional £80. Virgin have since acknowledged a problem in the area but we’re still expected to pay for absolutely no service from Gadget Rescue.

After speaking to 3 people at Virgin, including the Retention team, I was assured the fee would be removed but it has not.

At this point I just want the fee rightfully  removed from our bill and our services cancelled. These 2 weeks have been absolute hell and I’m not paying for a year if we haven’t had a days worth of broadband since joining.

How can I, 1. Get gadget rescue removed from my bill by someone competent? I’m happy to go above Virgin because at this point I’m being robbed and there’s no help at all on Virgins side. And 2. Get my services cancelled without being on the phone because everyone just hangs up when you get through!!

I also find it a joke that we’re expected to use a community of users for any form of half decent support here.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Who can I turn to for help?

Raise a formal complaint online via the VM website - see 'contact us' at the bottom of the home page - it will take about a month for them to come back to you - keep all correspondence - you may need to refer to CISAS if you don't get anywhere

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

8am tomorrow call 0345 454 111 select options 1-1-4-4 this will take you to cancellations, tell them what you said here,m tell them you don't want the service if its not going to work properly, tell them you want to cancel and all charges waived and refunded.

Your still within cooling off period of 30 days for full refund.

Ps. Make sure you call at 8am on the dot or your likely to have issues getting through without a long wait.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
JordanCh1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys, I have tried a complaint but it has been a week and I don’t have the time to wait for a response (probably useless) if I have a limited amount of time to escape this contract.

I’ll try retention again now and have it cancelled, hoping that someone answers and remains on the line... if not I’ll try at 8am tomorrow. Thank you.

0 Kudos