cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Ethernet port to connect Router to Virgin Hub3

Buca1uk1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Might be a silly question, but here it goes. I'm in the process of putting my VH3 in Modem mode and using an Ubiquity Edge Router to connect to it.

I've connected to the Edge router using the eth0/PoE IN and set up a static IP address, however which port should I use from the VHub to the Edge router ?

I'll then connect the AC-PRO to the Edge router.

What was strange was after I connected to the edge router again after the reboot, I could only connect using the eth1 port (not the one I originally configured), is there a difference ?

Hope someone can assist.

11 REPLIES 11

Buca1uk1
On our wavelength
Hi,
Is it a straightforward process to change the WAN interface to DHCP (like a dropdown function) or does this take some user configuration ? So in a none technical way, how do I do this 😉

Basic setup guide for the edge router is here 

from that site.. 

1. Navigate to the Wizards tab and run the wizard.

Wizards > Basic Setup

2. Choose the interface that will connect to the ISP define the other router settings.

The available internet connection types are:

• DHCP The most common scenario. Use this option if your ISP is distributing IP addresses via DHCP.
  • Static IP Use this option if your ISP provided you with a static public IP address.
  • PPPoE Use this option if your ISP authenticates your internet connection using PPPoE.

The interface for wan, based on your previous posts, is eth1