cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy wifi booster

Samcross
Tuning in

Hi, could someone tell me where to buy a WiFi booster/extender? I've seen multiple pages on the virgin site about how to use and the benefits but they seem impossible to actually find? 

Thanks 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Shaun_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi Samcross, VirginMedia Wifi boosters are available through the Virgin Connect app. download it to your phone, register and do a home check. it will direct you to the correct page to order boosters if they are needed.

thanks
Shaun
If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 94082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi
If you install the Virgin Connect app you can check your home and identify black spots. Depending on the package that you have you can either have them for free or have to pay a monthly rental fee of £3 from Virgin and have them delivered home with self installation instructions which are quite straight forward.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Holla13645
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, you can order them on amazon tp link wireless powerline adapter.

Order better ones from amazon or a better router instead 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

18 REPLIES 18

Shaun_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi Samcross, VirginMedia Wifi boosters are available through the Virgin Connect app. download it to your phone, register and do a home check. it will direct you to the correct page to order boosters if they are needed.

thanks
Shaun
If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 94082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi
If you install the Virgin Connect app you can check your home and identify black spots. Depending on the package that you have you can either have them for free or have to pay a monthly rental fee of £3 from Virgin and have them delivered home with self installation instructions which are quite straight forward.

Holla13645
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, you can order them on amazon tp link wireless powerline adapter.

Order better ones from amazon or a better router instead 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thanks Shaun. Id prefer not to wait until after installation as I need it for work (office at the back of the garden), so dont want to lose a week when I can order to arrive when installation happens. Are the TP link kits OK? 

Thanks!

Yes get the RE450 or RE650

Or look at getting a Mesh system or router 

I found this one on amazon  which seems different? Like to have 2 lots. Ita says AV600

TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit

Powerline plugs rely on a good electricity ring main to work, and the main adapter has to be in the same ring as the booster adapter in order to work. 

Sure. I've got one for my talktalk WiFi right now which works, it's just too slow overall for the number of devices we have, so assume this would be better as the new virgin we're getting will be 350+