cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is a pod free of charge?

weematt
Dialled in
  • I have just been supplied with a single pod to replace a failed set of boosters.
  • I had to fight to avoid the installation/connection fee and the monthly charge. I was initially congratulated on my upgrade! Now treated as a monthly charge with matching monthly credit. 
  • I have the Oomph package. I have read in this forum that Pods are not chargeable on this package.
  • Is this is true why did I have all the hassle?

Why, since it was a replacement was it charged at all? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks.

I have achieved the pod subscription free of charge for the duration of the contract. The installation charge has been waived. The pod is doing a good job. Contract renewal is Sept. We'll see what is agreed then. Better be good. Retentions here I come. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Pods are only free to customers taking the Ultimate Oomph, Gig 1, or any Volt package (including Volt benefits on any VM package). 

As the previous free booster was not a continuing contractual entitlement as part of your contract VM don't have to provide a replacement like for like.  Giving you a pod free in these circumstances would have been reasonable and sensible, clearly VM don't think so.  I'd wait and see if the forum staff can get the pod made a free issue for you.  If they can't, you may wish to use the VM complaint process (form in My Virgin Media), which will certainly be fobbed off, but having done that you can take the matter for independent review by CISAS, which is slow but often effective.

If none of this works or you can't be bothered, then either:

1) accept that VM are not only putting your price up by a thumping great amount in April, and will now charge a further £5 a month.

2) Cancel your entire VM contract now under the price rise notification requirements (applies if you're in a discounted fixed term, if you aren't you can cancel any time)

3) Consider that £5 a month forever mounts up, and you never own the kit, meaning that's poor value.  Return the pod, and buy your own mesh system, put the hub in modem mode and forget about VM wifi like it was just a bad dream.  A two unit mesh system like my TP-Link Deco M4 can be had for £80-90, or a three unit system for £100-130, depending on retailer and prevailing offers.  

Thanks.

I have achieved the pod subscription free of charge for the duration of the contract. The installation charge has been waived. The pod is doing a good job. Contract renewal is Sept. We'll see what is agreed then. Better be good. Retentions here I come.