Menu
Highlighted
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WhatsApp, Facebook messenger and emails delay

Hello,I hope somebody can help me, I'm with virgin mobile for almost 3 years more or less,the thing is I just notice from a month ago that if my mobile it's in stand by,doesn't recieve any notification from WhatsApp, Facebook or emails until I wake the phone

This happen just with virgin network,if I'm connected to WiFi everything work ok,I spoke with a few agent,I check the APN,the battery saver and not disturb it's turn off,but nothing....still with the same problem and it's not just with my mobile,my husband had the same problem so I think it's not a problem with my device

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp, Facebook messenger and emails delay

Your not alone with the problem 😞

Most mobiles will shutdown WiFi when they go to sleep and then rely on mobile data, there have been a growing number of reports of the delayed messages in the Virgin mobile forum - a couple of them in links below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Delayed-notifications-Whapsapp-HQ-Trivia/td-p/376...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Delayed-Notifications-WhatsApp-snap-email/m-p/395...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I see there is a load of people with the same problem but anybody give a solution,i just uninstalled WhatsApp and installed again, today I was speaking with an agent and ask me for remove the SIM card,wait for 10 minutes and put again on the SIM card....I hope this will sorted the problem

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well...after did everything, I'm still with the same issue, falling the recommendations of an agent,I did a data factory reset to my mobile, but still the same issue...... Will virgin ever solve this issue?

@Sonia3 wrote:

I see there is a load of people with the same problem but anybody give a solution,i just uninstalled WhatsApp and installed again, today I was speaking with an agent and ask me for remove the SIM card,wait for 10 minutes and put again on the SIM card....I hope this will sorted the problem

0 Kudos
CptBlack
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For what it's worth I have the same problem. My old phone (Samsung A7) had delayed whatsapp messages and now I've upgraded to an P30 Pro with the same problem.

It's a new install of whatsapp and I've checked all the settings.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

We're aware that some of our customers may be experiencing an issue with notifications whilst connected to mobile data. 

This issue is still being investigated by our team and any further updates will be posted here.

Thanks

Mod Team

0 Kudos