cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What work is being carried out in SN3 next Wednesday?

Jw1234
Joining in

I received a text message from virgin media saying that work is to be carried out in SN3 next Wednesday. What should I expect, please? I work over zoom every day.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Expect to be offline from around 10am to possibly 3pm, this is based purely on past experience of how all-day outages usually work.

You may find it's as little as a short outage late morning and maybe a couple of others in the afternoon - but a good approach is to expect & prepare for the worst, and be pleasantly surprised when it's not as extensive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Jw1234,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

We will be carrying out improvements to our network in your area, unfortunately we don't have any further information available to ourselves at the moment, the timings that @japitts have given would be the usual way that our scheduled maintenance works on the day.

Regards,

Steven_L

Should you have any details about timings I would be very grateful. I work from home over Zoom and am having to relocate for the day to ensure a strong wifi connection. I am worried that the works may not be completed on Wednesday and may continue..

Thanks for your help with this

Hi Jw1234

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see there's an open ticket on the system for this work. Reference is C01227910 and the estimated fix date is 3pm today.

Please do let us know if you're having issues after this time and we'll be more than happy to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill