cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the fastest Mesh Wifi System?

AS6
Dialled in

Hi All,

Virgin have let me down with speed and so I tried to get one of their own mesh wifi pod to do the job. Turns out their is a small period of time where u get your promised speed, and then you are dropped back into reality where the speed is terrible.

So I need some help from experts, and I ask you this:

What is the fastest Wi-Fi Mesh system?

Thanks, AS6.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Any one that uses WiFi 6.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The fastest will have Wifi6 to allow wifi6 enabled devices to get maximum speeds - near GB speeds will never be obtained over wifi without wifi6 - VM Hubs do not have that.

Also a tri-band system will help reduce "backhaul" reduction of speeds from the connected other Mesh units on the "hops" - so that the main two bands aren't having to deal with it and losing speed.  Particularly if you have lots of connected devices and high package speed.  You could connect them by etherent cable to do that but it rather defeats the object of a wireless mesh 🙂

Others will cite some examples for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

check out the tp-link deco x60, the netgear orbi ax4200 (or ax6000 if you have very deep pockets) or the asus xt8.

as has already been said, the speed will vary based on a number of factors, and whilst i accept that wired connectivity can be a bit of a pain to run, wiring everything together really is the gold standard.. and if you're gonna do that, then you could just opt for wifi access points rather than a mesh system... in this scenario, check out the unifi ubiquiti range - less user friendly, but bulletproof.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Orbi RBK853 AX6000...... Mmmmmmmmmmmm very nice.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.