cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this virgin wall socket? (New Build)

richtea86
Joining in

Hey all,

Moving into a new build house, and whilst having a tour of a different plot (same house spec, as mine is still being built), I noticed on the wall of the living room are these sockets:

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 12.23.09.png

There is also the same socket found in one of the bedrooms.

Are these existing sockets where we can choose where to have the router? (ie. bedroom or living room).

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@richtea86 wrote:

Hey all,

Moving into a new build house, and whilst having a tour of a different plot (same house spec, as mine is still being built), I noticed on the wall of the living room are these sockets:

Are these existing sockets where we can choose where to have the router? (ie. bedroom or living room).

Thanks in advance! 

Have a look at the VM handbook for new builds pg 19 to 22 for some examples of how VM wire up new houses

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/New-Build-Handbook-...

In your photo, the blanking plates are removed during installation of the VM service and replaced with specific connection modules. As mentioned by @-tony-, the actual function available at each location will depend on what types of cables have been installed behind the faceplates.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@richtea86 wrote:

Hey all,

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 12.23.09.png

Thanks in advance! 

Probably yes - the bedroom ones were likely from a TiVo box previously.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

if its a new build how will there have been a previous tivo box Gary 

the plates certainly carry the VM logo but its whats behind them that matters - whats there says nothing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Gary, I know the pic is awaiting approval - so it can't be seen yet, but will make it more clear as to what the sockets look like (they have the virgin logo on them).

The house is new build, so there should be no remnants from any previous tenants.

Thanks.

@-tony- wrote:

the plates certainly carry the VM logo but its whats behind them that matters - whats there says nothing

Because "new build" doesn't just refer to houses that are "just built" on a lot with no previous occupants.

It also refers to houses built within the last XX years that use a similar build-style and material that isn't the "classIc" brick build.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@richtea86 wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks in advance! 

Have a look at the VM handbook for new builds pg 19 to 22 for some examples of how VM wire up new houses

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/New-Build-Handbook-...

In your photo, the blanking plates are removed during installation of the VM service and replaced with specific connection modules. As mentioned by @-tony-, the actual function available at each location will depend on what types of cables have been installed behind the faceplates.

Did you know? Ants are attracted to the heat emitted
from our Amplifiers in underground chambers, they
tend to swarm around the Amplifier housing causing
heat build up and eventual network outages. Bringing
these amplifies out of the ground prevents this and
allows our network to run at peak performance.

Yikes!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

@gary_dexter wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

Because "new build" doesn't just refer to houses that are "just built" on a lot with no previous occupants.

It also refers to houses built within the last XX years that use a similar build-style and material that isn't the "classIc" brick build.

what????????? - 

the op said - Moving into a new build house, and whilst having a tour of a different plot (same house spec, as mine is still being built),

and your comment was made before you could see the image - your crystal ball needs a clean

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

what????????? - 

the op said - Moving into a new build house, and whilst having a tour of a different plot (same house spec, as mine is still being built),

and your comment was made before you could see the image - your crystal ball needs a clean

OK Tony - don’t hurt your legs climbing down off that high horse of yours… 🙄