cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the fastest speed possible from an Intelligent WiFi Pod?

Daniel12816
Tuning in

I have an Intelligent WiFi Pod which I use to hardwire to my PC.

However, even with my PC being able to get to 1Gbps, my internet package allowing it & my ethernet being Cat7, Speedtest.net shows 600Mbps.

Is there any way of actually getting the missing 400Mbps from this pod?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The best solution by far is an Ethernet cable. This usually involves drilling through a wall or ceiling depending where your PC is located, but it's well worthwhile. The neatest thing to do is to terminated the cable at an RJ45 wall socket into which you can plug a gigabit port network switch* if you need multiple ports for, example, a PC and a pod. I get my electrician to do jobs like this.

* My sig has an example of such a port

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This pod isn't the best as it's isn't tri-band, so I suspect that 600Mbps is pretty good.

--

Thanks - Any reccomendations on how to hardwire my to my PC without relocating my hub? Any 3rd Party replacements? 🙂

The best solution by far is an Ethernet cable. This usually involves drilling through a wall or ceiling depending where your PC is located, but it's well worthwhile. The neatest thing to do is to terminated the cable at an RJ45 wall socket into which you can plug a gigabit port network switch* if you need multiple ports for, example, a PC and a pod. I get my electrician to do jobs like this.

* My sig has an example of such a port

--