cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi extenders / Pods

Pongo0654
Joining in

Hi can anyone tell me how I can get Virgin WiFi extenders or Pods as I can’t find anywhere where I can get new ones only refurbished extenders.  My hub is in the bedroom and I want better WiFi downstairs and it will be a real job to hard wire from the bedroom to the lounge. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a Hub 3 use the VM Connect app and it will allow you to order the new Pods.  If you have a Hub 4, then you will need to phone in.

Have you thought about running an external Cat 6 cable out the same hole in your bedroom that the Hub cable comes in?  Sometimes it's a lot easier to run cables externally from place to place, than inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a Hub 3 use the VM Connect app and it will allow you to order the new Pods.  If you have a Hub 4, then you will need to phone in.

Have you thought about running an external Cat 6 cable out the same hole in your bedroom that the Hub cable comes in?  Sometimes it's a lot easier to run cables externally from place to place, than inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Thanks for your reply and I have put my name down for the pods but they said they are out of stock and they will let me know when some become available.  Has anyone else had the same response.

Re running the cable i have a large 4 bed house and it would mean running a cable right from the front of the house at the top bedroom right to the ground floor extension at the back of the house.  It would be a long length of wire and a lot of hassle and outside work so hence why I think the pods would be the solution.  The trouble is I cant get hold of them!

i can sympathise with you  as i have the new superhub 4 on 1gb and the broadband is flawless but the wifi is the pits, all my devices are within 12 feet of the router and i keep getting buffering, vm`s answer is BOOSTERS times 3 but i can only have one at a time and then every 5 days thereafter. i  have went out and bought my own router £150 and now my wifi is tons better no buffering. the superhub 4 has known issues but VM says not ,i believe the internet no vm.

this is just my way of sympothising with you. by the way if anybody wants to go down the wired route try looking at lindy.co.uk they are wireless and cable experts in thornaby-on tees 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pods are only free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not… you will be charged £5/month. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ethernet cables are always better, I doubt the distance is more than 100m maximum length of a run. It’s easy to hide under the endless of carpet, under cork expansion on wooden floors and hidden behind down pipes to go upstairs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2