Menu
m3-welch
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What happens when I move?

Hi all,

I am moving house soon and planning to take my Virgin Media broadband with me. What happens when I request for this to happen? The main things I need to know, are when will the internet shut off on my current place, and when will it be available at the new property? I need to know how long I'll be without internet due to working from home.

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What happens when I move?

You'll also need to start a new minimum contract term.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What happens when I move?

Hi Morgan

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your post.

You could be able to decide what date you'd like your services to disconnect at your current property, which can be arranged when our team book in the home move for you.

In answer to your second question, this really would depend on a few things. If the property has already had our services before, we will be able to send out a Quickstart installation kit to the new address, so you can install the services yourself. We'd be able to send this out to you on the date of your choice, however it does need to be at least 24 hours after your services have been disconnected at the previous address.

If your new address hasn't had our services installed there previously, our team will need to come out and check if any pre works are required so we can fit the cabling from the cabinet to the property. If the team find that any construction work is required before you can be installed, the team will let you know. Construction works can take between 6-8 weeks to complete in most cases.

After all the pre works have been completed, a second appointment would then be booked in so the team can actually install your equipment and services inside the property.

Sadly, we cannot book home moves here from the Community Forums, so you would need to contact either via our SMS service on 0753 305 1809, via our online chat here (you can also check to see if your new address is serviceable here), or you can call us on 0345 454 1111.

Let us know how you get on from here, and best of luck on moving day! 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos