Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Weekly "advanced network error" page question

Can someone who works at Virgin please post a guide on how to disable this? It is absolutely infuriating. Last time I asked this question someone replied, and it looks like the only bulletproof way to nuke this "feature" is to switch to non-virgin DNS servers and put the virgin hub in the bin. 

There must be a way to get it to honour the fact I've turned it off, repeatedly, without shelling out for a new router...? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't but holy mother of god is it annoying. If it can't be switched off then bye bye virgin when contract renewal comes around, it's doing my absolute nut in 🤯

- It doesn't honour being turned off
- It uses YAHOO to search?! Is this 1997? 
- It replaces the contents of your address bar so you cannot quickly amend / refresh the url

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weekly "advanced network error" page question

Here: https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/#.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that does nothing. Turned it off, turned it back on, turned it off again, turned it off _again_ - "sorry it's already turned off" - rebooted - same issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ok1990,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear turning this off hasn't worked for you, I am afraid the information given by6 Gary is also all I could find also.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos